Top Reasons to Implement Robotic Automation
Implementing robotic automation provides numerous benefits for a fully optimized production. Every year more industrial robots are being added by companies to automate their manufacturing. It is not just traditional industrial sectors that are automating with robots, but also unconventional industries including pharmaceutical and construction. Why are so many companies automating with the FANUC Lr Mate 200ic and other robots? Below is a list of the top reasons for implementing robotic automation.
- 1. Increase Profit Margins - Many manufacturers operate with slim profit margins, which is proving incredibly difficult to sustain with inflation and threatening the longevity of many companies. Implementing robotic automation can help companies combat rising costs. Robotic automation reduces operating costs including labor, materials, and utilities. By cutting costs less money is spent to manufacture products, allowing profit margins to increase.
- 2. Improve Ergonomics - Automating your production lines with the Yaskawa MA1440 improves work conditions for employees. Industrial robots can take over the strenuous, dirty, and dangerous jobs of manufacturing allowing employees to move to work environments with safer conditions. Less ergonomic hazards mean fewer work related injuries and illnesses which reduces worker compensation and disability claims. Productions won’t unexpectedly stop due to work related accidents and sudden worker shortages.
- 3. Produce Higher Quality Products - Product quality is key to the longevity of an item and customer retention. Automating with industrial robots will increase product quality and allow for quality to become consistent across all products manufactured. The FANUC Arcmate 120ic is extremely accurate with high repeatability. It will follow the application path over and over without deviating. Industrial robots eliminate the biggest contributor to poor quality, human error.
- 4. Increase Productivity - With the expansion of e-commerce, consumer demand has increased leaving many companies struggling to keep up. Robotic automation increases productivity rates. Robots reduce cycle times with their operation speed. They can also operate day and night without breaks or time off. Worker distractions and loss of concentration are eliminated with robotic automation allowing companies to meet high consumer demands.
- 5. Supplement Manual Labor - Many companies today are facing severe labor shortages, leaving their productions short staffed. Industrial robots can supplement or entirely replace manual labor. With articulated robots, turnover issues are eliminated along with the time and costs associated with onboarding a new employee. With the FANUC R-2000ib companies immediately have the skillset of an experienced welder once it is programmed.
- 6. Greater Versatility - Robotic automation allows for greater versatility for manufacturing. Industrial robots can be deployed for multiple projects and can easily be reprogrammed to switch applications. The Yaskawa MH50 along with most other six axis robots, is multipurpose which allows it to automate a variety of applications. Manufacturers can easily adapt to product and process changes to meet consumer demands with minimum disruption to their productions.
- 7. Achieve Sustainable Manufacturing - Automating with robots can reduce the environmental footprints of manufacturers allowing for sustainable operations. Industrial robots are carbon free. They also reduce material waste and are energy-efficient. With no emissions and fewer scrapped parts, robots are an ideal option for those looking for a more environmentally friendly manufacturing method.