Benefits of Industrial Robots
Industrial robots are being used to automate manufacturing floors all around the world. Today’s manufacturers need reliable, sustainable, and intelligent automation solutions in order to combat increased competition, product turnover, and changing consumer demands. Industrial robots allow companies to overcome manufacturing challenges while providing several benefits.
- • Smart Investment - Industrial robots are a smart investment as they will pay for themselves in the long run. Robots increase productivity, improve quality, reduce waste, and speed up cycle times. Manufacturing becomes efficient with decreased costs allowing for exponential profit growth. Companies can quickly capture their ROI, especially since robots are cost effective. Buying a second-hand robot, like the Motoman MA1400, can allow for an even faster ROI.
- • Consistent Manufacturing - With robots manufacturing will always be consistent. Articulated robots are programmed to move from task to task without hesitation, delays, or breaks. Robots can operate around the clock and never need time off. Manufacturing metrics become stable and predictable making budgeting easier. Robots also solve employee turnover issues and labor shortages as they provide reliable operation.
- • Increased Product Quality - Robots are programmed to operate in precise, controlled, accurate movements with incredibly high repeatability. They do not deviate from programmed paths or make errors. This results in robots improving product quality and products that are uniform to one another. The FANUC Arcmate 120ic will be much more accurate for welding than a human welder.
- • User Friendly Operation - Today’s industrial robots are incredibly user friendly, allowing for easy programming and operation. Six axis industrial robots can be programmed with teach pendants, many of which have pre-programmed application options. This allows anyone regardless of robot experience to be able to operate industrial robots. Collaborative robots can be programmed through manual guidance. An operator can program the Universal UR10 for material handling by moving its arm through the motions of the application.
- • Improved Employee Morale - While some workers may be apprehensive about robots, once they experience robotic automation, they will see robots improve their own jobs. Robots can take over repetitive, boring, and dangerous tasks that are usually undesirable to workers. Workers will be able to take on more creative roles, improving their job satisfaction. Relieving workers of physically taxing jobs will boost their morale and make for a more satisfied workforce.
- • Company Growth - Industrial robots allow for the expansion of manufacturing capabilities that will in turn allow for company growth. Robots allow for increased productivity, product line expansion, the ability to reach larger markets, and revenue growth. Robots can allow a small manufacturer to turn into a larger global competitor. As companies grow, new and exciting jobs are created for workers.
- • Flexibility - Robots are a form of flexible automation. They can adapt to product changes, process changes, and material changes simply through reprogramming. They can perform multiple types of applications either separately or in a sequence. Automating with a FANUC R-2000ib will allow for long term operation regardless of future manufacturing changes since it is a multipurpose robot.
- • Decreased Costs - Robots decrease production costs all around by reducing material waste, decreasing cycle times, lowering labor costs, and reducing utility expenses. Decreasing costs provides manufacturers the with opportunity to grow their profit margins.