Benefits of Robotic Automation
Considering implementing robotic automation into your manufacturing process? Below is a list of the benefits users can capitalize on through robotic automation.
- • Lower Costs - Implementing robotic automation will result in an immediate drop in operational costs. Industrial robots do not need a salary or benefits and can complete triple the amount of work as humans, therefor lowering labor rates. Material waste is reduced with the accuracy of six axis robots which helps to save on material costs. Utilities may also be saved as more modern robots are energy efficient.
- • Quick ROI - Many companies may initially be hesitant to invest in robotic automation because of the upfront costs. However, robots are one of the few investments that can earn their ROI quickly. With reduced costs, increased output, and high uptimes, robots pay for themselves. Investing in a used robot, such as the FANUC Lr Mate 200ic, will lower the initial cost and setup buyers for an even faster ROI. Further improving on ROI, most used FANUC robots for sale already have tooling on them, reducing the cost of integration.
- • Increase Productivity - Robots operate at much faster speeds than workers along with their ability to operate twenty-four-seven. Parts will move through the manufacturing process quickly, increasing productivity rates. Offline programming capabilities allow for production changes to be made without disruption to current operations.
- • Improve Product Quality - Producing consistent and high-quality products is key to maintaining and growing your customer base. Robotic automation provides high repeatability and accuracy to ensure all products are uniform and without defects, improving quality. A ABB IRB 4600-20 is able to assemble parts without any deviation from one to the next.
- • Reduce Environmental Footprint - Believe it or not, robots are good for the environment. They reduce the amount of scrap while also conserving raw materials. Articulated robots use less space, resulting in less energy consumption for factories. They can also reduce the amount of pollutants produced since they are cleaner to operate than other types of manufacturing machinery.
- • Reliable Operation - Industrial robots are a reliable automation solution. They are able to operate for thousands of hours before needing maintenance and breakdowns are rare. Because robots are so reliable, their outputs become predictable, allowing manufacturers to better plan their cycle times and costs.
- • Close Skills and Labor Gaps - Many manufacturing jobs require great skill. It can be a challenge for companies to find the skilled labor they need to fill openings. In addition, to the skills gap there is also a growing labor gap. Many older manual labor workers are retiring while younger workers are not seeking manufacturing jobs. Implementing robotic automation closes both the skills and labor gaps. Robots can complete the same tasks as workers and because of their programming, they are immediately equipped with the skillset of an experienced worker.
- • Increase Versatility - Robotic automation is a form of flexible automation. Robots can be reprogrammed to re-task when changes arise in manufacturing. Robots are capable of adapting to different part types and materials. When they are integrated with a vision system the can adjust to changes on the fly. Robots are also designed to complete multiple application types. For instance, the Motoman MH6 is capable of performing automated material handling and robotic welding processes. In an era of short product lifespans, having the versatility of robotic automation is invaluable.
Robots Done Right is the place to start when it comes to used robots. Contact us if you are interested in buying or selling your used robot.